First do a good warming up of ten minutes during which you go through a couple of bursts of speed. This way your muscles get used to this. Start at the starting line and try to reach your starting speed in 30 meters. Try to maintain this speed for 50 meters. Register the time from 30 meters until the finish line.
Important: The time you need to get up to speed does not count for the result.
- First do a good warming up of ten minutes;
- Start behind the line in a standard starting position;
- Sprint forwards to the first cone. Try to reach maximum speed within the 30 meters;
- From the cone at 30 meters, try to maintain this speed for 50 meters;
- Register the time you take to complete the 50 meters.
Calculate your average speed over the 50-meter track:
(3600/run time) * 0.05